1. Theory of FEM & CAE
1. What are the different Ways to Validate the Design?
2. What is Analytical Method, Numerical Method, Experimental Method
3. What is FEM, BEM, FVM and FDM.
4. What is CAE
5. Difference between CAD and CAE
6. Why do we carry out meshing
7. What is DOF (Degree of Freedom)
8. Type of Elements
2. 1D Meshing and Geometry Editing
Theory of 1D Meshing
Creating line geometry
Editing line geometry
Creating Truss Structures.
Creating Roll Cage Structures.
• Cantilever beam problem
• Fix-Fix beam problem
• Simply Supported beam problem
• Finding forces on each members of Truss structure
• Free-Free run on BAJA Roll Cage 10 Industrial Projects for Practice.
3. 2D Meshing and Geometry Editing.
Theory of 2D Meshing
• Creating Surfaces Geometry from Line Geometry
• Mid-Surface Creation
• Editing 2D Surface Geometry
• De-featuring 2D Surface Geometry
• Converting 1D line Geometry to 2D surface geometry.
• Importing and repairing Surface geometry 2D meshing:
• Creating 2D Elements
• Different Meshing options in ANSYS
• Solving Plate with hole with and without washer
• Solving plate with hole with biasing.
• Quality check for 2D elements
4. 3D Meshing and Geometry Editing
Theory of 3D Meshing
• Importing and repairing Solid Geometry
• Converting 1D line geometry to 3D Solid Geometry
• Creating 3D Solid Geometry
• Editing 3D Solid Geometry
• De-featuring 3D Solid Geometry
3D Meshing Techniques
• Tetra & Penta Meshing and Editing
• Hexa& Pyramid Meshing and Editing
• 3D Meshing using sweep command
• 3D Meshing using multi Zone command
• 3D elements quality check
5. Static Structural Analysis
Theory of Static Analysis
• Static Analysis on BAJA Roll Cage – Applying Forces
• Static Analysis on Pressure Tank – Applying Pressure
• Static Analysis on Brake Disc – Applying Temperature
6. Transient Structural Analysis
Theory of Transient Analysis
• Transient Analysis on Bridge – Force location is changing with respect to time
• Transient Analysis on Bridge – Force location is changing with respect to time and adding the effects of vibration
• Transient Analysis on Brake Disc – Temperature and location changing with respect to time.
7. Inertia Relief
Theory of Inertia Relief
• Inertial Relief Analysis on Industrial A-Arm Applying forces at multiple location.5 Industrial Projects for Practice
8. Eigenvalue Buckling Analysis
Theory of Buckling Analysis
• Eigenvalue Buckling Analysis on Tall Building Structure – Calculating the First Buckling Load Factor.5 Industrial Projects for Practice
9. Axi-Symmetry Analysis
Theory of Axi-Symmetric Analysis
• Axi-Symmetric Analysis on Industrial Pressure Valve5 Industrial Projects for Practice
10. Modal Analysis
Theory of Modal Analysis.
• Modal Analysis on BAJA Roll Cage – Finding the natural frequencies and mode shapes.5 Industrial Projects for Practice.
11. Steady-State Thermal Analysis
Theory of Steady – State Thermal Analysis
• Steady-State Thermal Analysis on Brake Disc – Calculating Heat flux and temperature Distribution5 Industrial Projects for Practice
12. Transient Thermal Analysis
Theory of Transient Thermal Analysis
• Transient Thermal Analysis on Brake Disc – Calculating Heat flux and temperature distribution with respect to change in time and location.5 Industrial Projects for Practice
13. Explicit Dynamic
Theory of Explicit Dynamic Analysis
• Front Impact Dynamic Crash Analysis on BAJA Roll Cage5 Industrial Projects for Practice
Theory of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• CFD – Internal Flow Analysis on Venture
• CFD – External Flow Analysis on Airfoil
• CFD – Mixed Flow analysis on hydraulic mixture.
1. Composite Analysis
Theory of Composite
• Composite Analysis on Propeller Shaft
• Composite Analysis on Airplane Wing.
2. Non- Linear Analysis
Theory and Types of Non-Linearity
• Non-Linear Gap Analysis.
• Non-Linear Plastic Deformation of Beam
Theory and types of Contact
• Structural analysis of a Gear pair in contact
• Structural analysis using friction contact in Clamps
4. Radiant Power Analysis
Theory of Radiant Power
• Analysis of Catalytic Convertor to find the Radiant Power.
Theory of CFD
• CFD of 3D Wind turbine Blade
• CFD of a 3D Vehicle to determine Drag and Lift
6. Topology Optimization:
Theory of Topology Optimization
• Optimization of A-Arm. • Optimization of Brake Disc5 Industrial Projects for Practice